Old 03-25-14, 12:41 PM
dmcg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
This thread is completely asinine.

OP, you can talk about "this is how I do it on my BMX bike" all day long but at the end of that day, a BMX is not a road bike. Put you big boy pants on and learn how to ride a road bike the way everyone else does. You do not need to be able to touch the ground while seated. Ever.
Look, I'm pretty good-natured and try not to take offense, but I never once said I need to touch the ground while seated. I never did this on my BMX, I don't do it on the mtn bike, and I won't do it on whatever SS bike I get. All I said is that I'd like to get a bike that I can stand over the top tube without being on my tippy toes and/or having my nads crushed or leaning way over. I want to be able to stop and grab something from my bag and not have to dismount or worry about my bike falling over. I don't think these are unreasonable things to want.

I'm working on learning how to ride a "big boy" bike, but after a few months of riding the mtn bike I still find I wobble a teeny bit on the first rotation of the cranks, something I see a lot of people having problems with around here.