Old 04-16-14, 01:08 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by westrid_dad
I've been riding with the Luxos U on my new commuter/tourer for about a month and have been happy with the performance and convenience in comparison to my previous re-chargeable setup. I do have a B&M Toplight Line Brake Plus wired on the rear as well. Depending upon the riding conditions, I will supplement these lights with a helmet-mount light (flash mode) and a Light & Motion VIS 180 (pulse mode) on the seat post. Overall, I really like the dynamo lights, especially the optics. While not as "blindingly" bright as the Dinotte Lighting set this has replaced, I feel the beam pattern of the Luxos U is more useful, and more "appropriate" for road riding.
This is turning out to be an interesting thread. I like hearing from people who have experience with good LED battery lamps and can compare them to the dynamo lamps. This is important if you are thinking of switching to a Dynamo powered lamp but are worried the dynamos might not meet the needs.

Personally I'd like to see more dynamo set-ups include the option for a more robust cache battery ( making it a hybrid set-up ).

While I like the idea of beam pattern having a cut-off to me the most important thing is, "Is it bright enough to meet my needs"? The next issue is of course size. Would be nice to have a lamp that doesn't shout, "Look, here comes Pee Wee".