Old 05-02-14, 08:51 PM
Vlaam4ever

Bikes: 2008 Giant TCR Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by santoro8 View Post
Agreed on the fit. The rest is true for those with no budget to worry about, but for those who do have tighter limits, a few "what might it cost me?" guidelines can be pretty helpful.

Also, someone who knows these bikes could hopefully advise on "make sure that ____ isn't worn, or check the _____ for ____, etc."
Okay, so should I assume you know it fits. I guess I should assume you know regular wear items are tires, chain, cassette, hubs and bottom bracket for a whichever D/A you have that did not come with the bike, but added at a later time... My point in the previous post is, if you don't regular wear items on a bike, you dont know what size bike you need.

I've ridden and maintained my own bikes for 20 years. I recently bought a used track bike(1st track bike) and put 300 bucks in tires, glue, valve extenders, saddle, lugnuts and pedals into the bike. I thought I had a rideable lightly used bike.... BUT IT FITS... I know bikes and cant well used up vs gently used but i know when a bike fits.