Old 05-20-14, 06:52 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Here is one of HenryIII's cages on a Nuovo Record, a pic I've posted before. I've been running this for several years ever since I put the Masi on the street.

It was modeled after the Rally. I understand the Soma cage was modeled after the Rally also, but doesn't have the drillium.

I keep forgetting to count the FW teeth, but IIRC it is a 14-34 6-speed. It shifts well enough but is nowhere near as precise as a Suntour on a 14-28 6-speed. One down shift in particular it likes to skip a cog occasionally. I actually installed a 13T guide pulley to move the chain closer to the cogs and that helped. I suspect if the cogs were closer together it would do better. From what I hear the Rally wouldn't be much better! It is also noisy on bumps, the chain rattling in the cage, I believe.

Despite the drawbacks it works well enough, and it looks so danged cool! I run this RD and crank for style and I'm happy with those choices.