Old 05-26-14, 05:44 PM
rjhammett

Bikes: 85 De Rosa, 92 Merckx MX Leader, 99 Tommasini Sintesi, 08 Look 585, 89 Merckx Corsa Extra, 72 Holdsworth Professional

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked 552 Times in 241 Posts
The seat stays, chain stays, dropouts and fork are chrome under the paint. It also has dropout adjusting screws. The pedals and seat post are replacements. I also believe the rear derailleur is not original. The FD is Cyclone MKII and the rear is ARX. Overall a nice bike. It is too small for me and doesn't fit anyone else in the family so it is going to be sold.

Originally Posted by WNG
@rjhammett
That Nashbar looks wonderful! Chromed fork crown too! Sweet. These are very nice riding frames. I have a soft spot for them, since my first real bike was built around a Nashbar sourced sport tourer frame. Champion #2 tubing, fluted seat stay caps like yours, tomato red paint, but no decals. Mine was an early 78 offering. Made in Japan, but their source was never disclosed. (Tsunoda, Merida, Mariushi, Panasonic?)

I like the color on yours. Don't let the Nashbar insignia throw you, these are very nice quality production frames from Japan.