Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
Of course à transportation cyclist or utility cyclist is likely to have additional issues with weight. The bike itself is usually heavier, and we are likely to be carrying more items or even actual cargo. In addition, the riders are often of a heavier body weight, since being super skinny is not as desirable as it would be with club riders and amateur racers.
When I was car-free, I was just about the skinniest I've been as an adult. I looked like a slender boy.

I would think that car-free cyclists would be slender ... they commute by bicycle, they do their errands by bicycle or walking, they go places on the weekends by bicycle.

I was logging up to 1400 km/week in that time (that was my longest week). On a more regular basis I was logging anywhere from about 200-300 km/week on my bicycle most of the year, and walking anywhere from 10-20 km/week. I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted, and I did not gain weight.

When I moved from car-free to car-light ... I started to put on a bit of weight because I wasn't exercising as much.