Old 07-15-14, 09:25 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5848 Post(s)
Liked 2,680 Times in 1,494 Posts
Originally Posted by Eds0123

Thank You. Why Specialized didn't make it simple and come up with something like what FBinNY said here. Thank You FBinNY.
Thanks for the compliment, but consider that I was typing undisturbed at my leisure without folks sticking a microphone in my face.

The news cycles are very fast these days, and folks are pressed for answers faster than they can gather the facts and know themselves what happened. We also have situations analogous to the "fog of war" where information is passed along and becomes garbled in the process. With so many versions circulating it's easy for the wrong info to get in front of the right info.

In hectic situations we have the choice of a bad answer fast or a good answer slow. In the race to get the story out first, the bad fast answer always has a head start. This is true here, just the same as it's true when a plane crashes or whatever.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.