Old 10-17-05, 11:22 PM
GrannyGear
Berry Pie..the Holy Grail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roubaix bike.....An Old Guy's Ride ???

Next spring I hope to have the $$ to buy a new bike. WooHoo!! Down looking at a Roubaix....a popular bike. Twerpy clerk in a GreenDay teeshirt and fresh road rash remarked, "Yeah, a lot of older guys ride this bike." This immediately made me more accepting of an otherwise drab looking black bike. Didn't much care for the looks of the compact top tube--seemed awfully untraditional for an old guy's ride.

Question: Any experience out there with this bike? Their only model that was assembled was 2 sizes too big so no test ride. Cheeseflavor, I see you ride one. Currently I ride a mid 80's Allez turn on a thought criterium bike and a Romulus. One is a racy boneshaker and the other an almost too well mannered sport tourer. I'm looking for something a little bit quick with some comfort, too. Besides, after all these years, its time to give STI a try. Realizing racy and comfort are relative terms, still I respect the sensibleness at this forum. Opinions on this or other road bikes? Don't care for aluminum, can't afford titanium, and I realize fall sales are on now, but the money is some months off. Thanks.

**Denvr, there are no Lemond dealers nearby but, even though I have a short torso and they have longish toptubes, I do plan on test riding a carbon/steel Lemond.