View Single Post
Old 07-22-14, 10:18 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad
Do I care? Proof hopefully will come. We've already seen in other sports after retesting (unofficially) from old samples that pretty much ALL athletes who participated in Olympics in the 80s were doping. Why would Lemond and his pals be any different? You really think Lemond was above it all, that he didn't do everything possible to win? Can't do both, stand by principles and have the ambition and dedication to win TdF.

Plus most of his competitors in their biographies who were top level during 80s and early 90s have admitted to doping. Lemond is the lone exception and not only that, a superman who was able to defeat them? To me, it's insanity to believe that.

And Hinault wants them to stop, his former competitors to stop coming out to admit to doping. I find that very amusing. He thinks people are only scrutinizing on old samples for cycling? That's laughable, they are doing it for all sports. Why would cycling be any different that other sports where doping as the norm during his time? Course he's also the exception beside Lemond right?
Like everyone else you either know something or you don't. Belief without proof isn't worth a whole lot. You can only know what you know but not what you don't. But apparently it is an article of faith with you, and it is not wise to argue with a person's religion. So I will just permit you to have it your way. Why should any of us care what any athlete did or didn't do anyway? Unless you need to have heroes that is. It that what this is about?

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...