Old 08-21-14, 04:28 PM
Jaeger99

Bikes: Me: Trek 7.2 FX Disc, Pinarello Rokh Her: Electra Townie 3i

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grey.
I think black is a neutral color. It's hard to hate black, but plenty of people can hate white, or blue, or red, or whatever. Maybe i'm over thinking it, maybe I should just deal with the color since i'm in love with the rest of it, I just don't want to have regrets later. A dirty bike would bug me, and even the smallest amount of grime or grease will be extremely visible on a white frame. That's my worry.
Both white and black - by definition - are neutral colours. Or non-colours, if you like. People like what they like and hate what they hate. Buy what YOU like. If you don't like white don't freaking buy a white bike. You should like everything about the bike you buy including the colour. Way too much choice out there to have to compromise. But if you love the look of the bike in white, don't freaking pass on it because you are worried about keeping it clean or what other people think.

The point made above about black and white cars is true. White is MUCH easier to keep clean looking than black, which shows the first spec of dust. I'm not trying to sell you a bike. But I am here to tell you I have zero issues keeping a white road bike clean-looking. Certainly no harder than keeping my black clean. White will show grease more. Black will show dust more. A 60 second post-ride wipe down will sort either one out. If you have time to ride, you have time to do that.

Don't make me post pics!