View Single Post
Old 09-13-14, 05:49 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by jyl
Your saddle is way too low. You are not getting full power and will injure your knees. (Walk a block with your knees bent 40 deg, then compare to walking with your legs fully extended.)

Raise the saddle (gradually). Your bar tops will be 2" or so below the saddle. That is a common amount of drop. If you don't adapt to it, raise the stem or get a higher stem (more of an angle) and possibly a shorter stem too.

As for excess pressure on the hands:
- Make sure your saddle is horizontal, and try tilting it slightly nose up. Often people have their saddle nose down, so they are sliding forward and using their hands to push back, thus they complain of excess hand pressure.
- Try moving your saddle rearwards on the post. Don't worry about being precisely KOPS, that isn't important. Often, people are too far forward which also increases the pressure on their hands, and moving their butt rearward makes them more balanced.
I raised 5mm and will try it tomorrow. Will raise gradually. Saddle is flat profile, with nose up slightly. I no longer fall forward. I think I'm almost there with the adjustment and fit.