Old 09-19-14, 03:05 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Ratliff
Added: My assumptions about what happened might be totally wrong because I got all my details from a tabloid magazine... but I still think the dude was not promoting my agenda by riding his bike too fast and on aerobars because he might not have been being unsafe and the accident could have been avoidable.

Nope. Actually not. Perhaps there might be variables at play that a Arkansas native might not take into account? If you have to wonder aloud why people are being irrational, perhaps you are missing some details and aren't really in a position to comment on the rationality of the choices people make, no?
No. You are overlooking that society has a moron element...even some wear spandex. If what many surmise based upon limited information is true, this guy should do jail time for ruining the life of this women. There is also common sense. If she walked into the path of the cyclist not hearing him because she never thought in her wildest dreams some guy would be barreling almost 30 mph on a bicycle right at her, then she miscalculated...but it is based upon the common sense that the bicyclist shouldn't have been riding that fast in that environment. A couple of years ago, I almost got run down while walking across the street by a sport bike rider. I dove out of the way. The guy was doing 80 mph in a 40 zone and I even heard him coming and he barely missed me. I didn't see him and he didn't see me.