Old 09-19-14, 04:07 PM
Brian Ratliff

Bikes: Three road bikes. Two track bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
... many national and international news outlets have repeated it. The kinds of places that don't like to get busted in defamation of character situations.

Those kinds of places don't care about defaming the character of an individual with no political or purse-string power. My only point is: why make assumptions when you don't have to? Remember Trayvon Martin and the infamous picture the news outlets got ahold of that was from when he was a kid? That's the power the media has over a story, and that's why doing this internet sleuthing stuff is dangerous.

(and read what I actually wrote: I am not taking a political position about a hoodie-wearing pedestrian getting shot by an idiot, I am talking about the dangers of jumping to conclusions based on a half reported story and internet sleuthing to find out what people look like and making character judgements based on those findings)
"If you’re new enough [to racing] that you would ask such question, then i would hazard a guess that if you just made up a workout that sounded hard to do, and did it, you’d probably get faster." --the tiniest sprinter