Old 11-17-14, 10:06 AM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
I doubt Shimano is sticking to 24mm steel spindle because it's as inferior to 30mm AL spindle as FSA would like us to think. Especially since many of the top racers are doing just as well riding Dura-Ace cranks as those riding FSA/SRAM with 30mm spindle. Certainly won't affect me if 24mm isn't limiting Froume/Wiggins.

But if for some reason they ever do change the spindle dimension and materials, still won't matter to me, I'll continue to buy their components, not FSA. They only way for me to not to buy Shimano crank would be if Campagnolo gives up the thumb shifter and maybe give campy a try instead.

Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
It is a shame that FSA cranks don't have greater appeal. Their BB386EVO system is really quite attractive, working with just about any BB. I have two of them now mounted on BSA BBs. I think they're great. 30 mm diameter aluminum spindle is lighter and stiffer than my old 24 mm steel ones, and they don't rust like the steel ones did. Not as light as the shorter 30 mm spindles that fit BB30 and PF30 exclusively, but I can live with that.

Last edited by zymphad; 11-17-14 at 10:10 AM.