View Single Post
Old 11-19-14, 09:16 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,707 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by Flog00
Fenders are VO Zeppelin. Tomii recommended these.
One nice thing about Nao is he likes certain things for a build and it's not just always choose the most expensive.
His communication is also great.
He's a nice guy who is really excited to build exceptional bikes

I gave him freedom to build the racks using his own design. They turned out fricken amazing. The front lowriders are removable and he designed the front rack to hold the handlebar bag, keeping the cockpit free. I might add secondary brake levers now
@thegoldenboy See where the pump will be behind the seat post?

The bike is made of a mix of tubing, 3 types TT and one Columbus. Beyond that, it is a secret!
Every time I look at this, I see something new- the pump peg- glorious! There's all that real estate behind the seat tube that so few touring bikes use. The custom, fillet brazed stem- Wow... What bars are those? I love the Nitto B132, but I think even the widest one I've found is still a bit too narrow for Command Shifters and a front bag. The 46 Noodles are nice, bit I like the splay at the brake levers.

This is a really, really spectacular bike!

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.