Old 11-22-14, 03:49 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by flyfisherbob
I ponied up the $$ for a Lezyne this summer. They're not cheap, but I like the screw on head better than the rubber seal on my old Silca.
Originally Posted by NVanHiker
Thanks, Bob - I know the brand by reputation, but they don't seem to carry it in my area. I'll check it out next time I'm Stateside.
I just saw those at another LBS one town away I went to visit this afternoon and they looked real nice in an old school sort of way and I liked all of that...but I will say this on behalf of the Specialized Airtool HP Floor Pump I just bought last night...it was $50 (not $80 like the Lezynes I just looked at) and?...I actually like the "Switch Hitter II" technology on the adapter head as I checked it out for air loss because I did hear that "POP!" of air as the adapter head popped off the stems....so I put it back on just to see how much A.P. was lost and it was only a pound or 2...several times over and?...I can live with that...the other thing that impressed me was when I asked Bruce the mech if it was worth it for me to spend the extra $10 and buy the $50 HP model (over the $40 standard model)?...he said "Absolutely!"...then followed with..."Look at these!"...as he snatched two of those very pumps (just like mine but all scratched and well worn) they had behind the mechs. counter saying...

"We've been using these two for years...never had a problem...and both of them have seen a lot more pumping than you'll do in a lifetime!"

And that was enough to sell me.