Old 11-26-14, 03:40 PM
Jinkster

Bikes: 2013 Specialized CrossTrail Disc,2004 Giant OCR3,1999 Trek Mountain Track Sport 800

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
New Bar Ends...not sure if I have these mounted properly but...

They sure feel great!

Actually?...I swung by the LBS tonight after work because last night while trying and testing out my new specialized toupe comp gel saddle (which btw felt great at first) my sit-bones were starting to feel a bit of pressure about 5 miles into it...so I reached my hand "back there" to try and feel what was going on between my butt and the new saddle and that's when I realized that my $30 (on sale) bike shorts from sports authority had stopped being a "Butt Pad" and turned into an expensive jock strap...so I repositioned them and 1/2 mile of pedaling later?...they were a jock strap again with nothing but a thin layer of lycra between my sit-bones and the (padding level II) saddle...so I bought a pair of bibs...specialized BG comp....I'm sure they're a lower line of bib for $75 and could've got'em cheaper on the net but...I wanna ride in comfort and enjoy myself this holiday weekend and?...I guess I just donated a few bucks to help keep the lights on at the LBS and really?...I don't mind at all because they've been so helpful and even given me a bunch of little things free of charge including mechanical support so...but while I was there?...I remembered that....

BFN Member "Wanderer" had mentioned I should get a set of bar ends to have another hand position to go too on this new-too-me, first ever, Hybrid...and I know he is right as that's the one thing I miss on this hybrid as opposed to my RB where I have 3 great hand positions to go to?...the hybrid had only (1)...on some fantastic feeling ergon palm pad grips that came as an upgrade with this slightly used bike when I bought it...and while they didn't have the particular model Wanderer mentioned?...I sort of just looked around and "Bit & Pieced Things Together" buying a set of surprisingly light aluminum "Origin8" bar ends ($11.99) and some cheapy Sunlite Foam Grips ($4.99) to go over them (just so my old hands don't get cold) and for $16 plus tax wound up with this for bar ends...

I have no clue if I have them mounted properly but they do feel great where they're at and the ride is looking sharp and feeling real comfy...

all I got at the moment...sorry it was such a short post. LOL!

Thanks for looking and Ride Safe! Bill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
be1.jpg (98.8 KB, 31 views)
be2.jpg (46.5 KB, 37 views)
be3.jpg (39.1 KB, 32 views)
be4.jpg (44.2 KB, 30 views)
be5.jpg (99.6 KB, 29 views)