View Single Post
Old 11-27-14, 09:21 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj
So the ortho didn't give you a specific diagnosis? I recently had a similar issue. (Overtrained, dull pain in my kneepit at first while climbing stairs but now only while riding and only from 20 mins or so on.) Saw a sports medicine doc who couldn't replicate the pain in 20 minutes of pulling, pushing, prodding it. He could only rule out a few things the injury WASN'T, but prescribed some PT, which he explained might have some diagnostic value. And indeed the phys therapist replicated the [pain I get while riding by probing/massaging more deeply into the knee before and after some exercises. She isolated some funkiness in the popliteus muscle deep within the knee, which may not be the ultimate culprit but at least gave us a starting point for something to rehab. This all a long winded way of saying you might try some PT. Also, hang in there, getting an injury properly diagnosed can be difficult and frustrating.
Matt, you have to notice that this is a year old thread. It is unlikely the original poster (OP) will respond to your inquiry. When you have 50 posts, you can personal message him (PM) for direct feedback. If he gets emails regarding his personal messages, then he should respond to you.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...