View Single Post
Old 12-09-14, 01:04 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5832 Post(s)
Liked 2,662 Times in 1,480 Posts
Originally Posted by ClarkinHawaii
.... All profits are donations to the Hawaii Foodbank, which really needs the bucks as 1 family out of every 5 used the Foodbank last year. Once you get out of Waikiki, there's an amazing amount of poverty here. Something useful to do in my "Golden Years"

PS--the Foodbank accepts mail-in donations so you guys in snow-land can mail them a big check and it will feel just like you are taking a vacation here! Well, almost.
Clark, email me your address. I'll send you 10 bottles of Chain-L to sell and donate to the food bank. That should raise about $100.00 or more. (one place I donate to charges $20.00, $10 for the oil + $10 because it's a fundraiser -- the whole $20 is donated)). If you ask people to pay $10.00 + whatever they feel they wish to add, you should be able to raise more the the $10.00.

I'll pack it a plastic bubble envelope. Please open it carefully, fill it with Hawaii's warm air and some spirit of the season mail it back to me.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.