Old 12-11-14, 02:32 PM
GlennR
Formerly oldnslow2

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
Project 1 is where you can completely customize the bike, down to the color of the cable housings, hoods and so on. The reason i'm doing a "P1" is Trek does not offer the "stock" bike with SRAM Red. It's not that much more and I can have it built with the parts I want. I'm also going with minimal logos so i'm not riding a rolling billboard.

Actually I was not talking specifics or price because I didn't want to waste their time. I asked about the "process", how they determine what parts and sizes are best for me and a few options. I was not asking for a price so I could buy from the cheapest store.

I can understand walking into a high volume car dealer and the sales person not wanting to talk to you unless you were ready to buy. But walk into a Porsche dealership and the sales people know you have to cultivate a relationship and while the person might not buy today, they will be back.

Trust me, i will buy from the person that spends time with me and not the cheapest. Because if I wanted the cheapest, i'd order online from a grey market dealer, not knowing if i'm getting a real Brand X or a counterfeit painted to look like the real deal.