Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

A tale of 2 stores

Old 12-21-14, 05:55 PM
Poonjabby

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, Specialized Roubiax,S-Work Roubaix, Specialized Amira S-Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree completely

I got into biking earlier this year after my brother gave me a Specialized Allez. I rode it for about a month but I couldn't stand the little thumb shifters on that model Allez. I first looked into upgrading the Allez and then decided to buy a new bike. I went to a couple of local bike stores here in KC before I ended up at BikeSource in Overland Park,Ks. The first time I walked into the store they made me feel at home. I now own four Specialized bikes all bought from the same store. They've always treated me fairly and that's what keeps me coming back.

Poon
Old 12-21-14, 07:23 PM
GlennR
Formerly oldnslow2

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts
I'm seriously considering buying a second bike for less than ideal weather and some trails.

I'm sure i'll be buying it from the same LBS that i bought my Emonda from. "A" I want to give them the business and "B" i'm sure they'll give me the best deal after spending so much on the Emonda.