View Single Post
Old 01-06-15, 08:50 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack
Heathpack, she needs to know. What? Everything.

Interestingly enough, the "wind in the hair" cyclists are forever bemoaning the complexity of the type of cycling that I do. Yet who is out there actually riding day after day, week after week? Me, data girl. I just like to ride my bikes. I just like data. Data does not detract for someone like me, it vastly enhances the experience.

To each his/her own of course. But it just strikes me as funny when the wind-in-the-hairs imply my data devices take the joy out of cycling. Because I doubt there is anyone out there who likes to ride more than I do.
I can't speak for others, but let me assure you that I had no intention of denigrating your cycling. Clearly you add several layers of pleasure of types that are desired by you onto the basic riding experience that I enjoy. I just meant to point out that without those additional purposes for the riding, the electronic assistance is not required. As for the electronics taking the joy out of riding, well that shouldn't be the case. Your current dilemma is, however, and unfortunate example of how it can happen. Good luck in getting it resolved quickly and cheaply. I wonder if you have considered any Wahoo products and whether they might help you out.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...