Old 01-15-15, 09:58 PM
hueyhoolihan

Bikes: 8 ss bikes, 1 5-speed touring bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bezalel
Usually there's a simple formula. What numbers do they have for the listed sizes?

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
A stickler for accuracy sits on the bike and rolls along the sidewalk, while a friend with chalk measures the distance covered in one revolution of the front tire. Some computers require the distance in millimeters, others prompt for centimeters, IME.

Originally Posted by Bulldogge
OK, the literature was wrong. I went down to the garage and looked on the tire, and it is 700c x32, (NOT 35) which is listed on the chart. Thanx guys! Should work now.

Originally Posted by CliffordK
I've got a tape that measures in cm. Inches would also work with conversion by one of a multitude of conversion programs or methods.
I set the valve at 0, then slowly roll my tire forward till the valve is down again.

Do it a couple of times, and you have your speedometer/odometer perfectly calibrated to your bike and tire. I round to the nearest half cm,

I usually walk my bike with a little weight on it, but I don't know if that is absolutely necessary.

Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
Do a rollout!

Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
There is variance between different tires of the same size. Not all 32's will measure the same. I always do the roll out method described by others above, while leaning down on the handle bars to simulate riding weight. I guess that makes me a stickler for accuracy.
just use 32...

Last edited by hueyhoolihan; 01-15-15 at 10:09 PM.