Thread: Hip Arthritis
View Single Post
Old 01-16-15, 07:32 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rideBjj
I have health insurance that will pay for 90% of a repair / replacement (provided, I suppose, they deem it medically necessary, which I assume most insurers will fight tooth an nail against).
Of course there is no way I can make a prediction about your insurance coverage and would not even try. I will say that my experience with major insurers (Blue Cross, Aetna, United Healthcare, etc.) is that common, obvious conditions with routine solutions are not usually the focus of dispute by the insurer. If the physician makes a diagnosis that indicates a surgical remedy and has the "pictures" and patient history to back up it up, that is commonly all that is required. A fly-by-night insurer could be different. And if the insurer thinks a less aggressive treatment is preferable (for them perhaps), you may have to subject yourself to that before getting them to agree to the surgery. I think my main point here is that there is no reason based on concern about insurance to not pursue the surgical remedy to a definite decision point IF THAT IS WHAT YOU REALLY WOULD PREFER. Now or later of course. When you are ready.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...