Old 01-19-15, 01:31 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Good post.

I was thinking how public transportation is quite poor in Montana forcing you to drive a car. However, if you can't find a job, you may very well have to move hundreds of miles to another state before you lose the privilege! The whole notion that the fear of losing your license will force you to find employment is folly. It's only going to create more unlicensed drivers on the road.

I suspect the banking industry in Montana twisted the government's hand and came up with this law. It's sad in a way with student loan defaults at an all time high, state governments have to use desperate measures to get young adults to pay their loans.

I happen to believe the main reason students can't pay their loans is that good paying jobs have left states like Montana while low paying minimum wage positions abound. This whole student loan bubble that's really a nation wide problem is going to burst one day. It's not if but when.

All students with more the 25K in loans should be given a copy of Chris Balish's book, "How to Live Well Without Car" before leaving school. The first thing many college students purchase after graduation is a brand new car. The same vehicle is going to put them into default once that high paying job of their dream never materializes.