View Single Post
Old 01-21-15, 12:34 AM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1183 Post(s)
Liked 835 Times in 437 Posts
That is a nice choice. My wife has a Co-Mo Nor'wester Tour that was built custom for her. It was my present to her when she retired. It is the bike that evolved into the Cascadia. I am fortunate to live within a 45 minute drive of their shop, and the folks there were great building a small frame that would work for the components we wanted to use, e.g., moving the standard placement of the seat tube water bottle bosses to allow a low positioning of the front derailleur to accommodate the 44 tooth chain ring. I think they got tired of seeing me. They are great folks to deal with.

If the budget allows have the folks at Co-Motion install a Cris King headset for you when they build the frame.

When I built up her fame, I used a Sugino DX500, 44/32/22 crankset which provides a really nice touring gear range. Unfortunately, the DX 500 is no longer available (don't confuse it with the XD series cranks). Something similar to this would be the only other thing you might want to consider. However, you may not need or want that low of gearing.

Have fun with you build, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Doug64; 01-21-15 at 12:09 PM.