Old 04-24-15, 08:59 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve
It's sad when you continue to read how the price of motoring continues to up with the passage of time. I think there's some unwritten law that states if you own a car, you're made of money!
They don't care about consumers being 'made of money.' It's all about getting people to spend credit and go further into debt. Remember, it is people in debt who are trying to spread more debt to others in order to pay off their debts. There's this irony that once someone spends their credit, the money circulates as if it was saved from years of diligently living below one's means.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Couldn't find any info in the article that would indicate the issue discussed has any effect at all on someone living carfree or trying to live carfree. Also doubt that any of the issues addressed in the article would influence a single person to become carfree.
I disagree. One of the perks of living by bike is that it's easier and safer to do your own repairs and maintenance. Also, many people are enchanted by motor-vehicles because they are good at tinkering with them and make money maintaining and repairing other people's vehicles. Eliminate this aspect of car culture and some minds and hearts might falter in their loyalty to the cult of the motor vehicle.