Old 05-15-15, 10:19 PM
corrado33

Bikes: 199? Landshark Roadshark, 198? Mondonico Diamond, 1987 Panasonic DX-5000, 1987 Bianchi Limited, Univega... Chrome..., 1989 Schwinn Woodlands, Motobecane USA Record, Raleigh Tokul 2

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DEFINITELY go to the other bike store. Don't go in with any biases. Don't go in thinking "Well the other bike is perfect for me, I'm just doing this for the formality." You don't know if there is a MORE perfect bike out there for you until you've tried. Ride all of the other bikes in your price range that fit you. Ride them back to back, don't spread it out over days. I'm not joking. You'll thank me later.

As for questions you should be asking? Well, honestly it's really all about fit. Sure, some bikes may have "better" components, but they all work the same. Provided you take care of them they'll probably all last similar amounts of time as well. Take the time to figure out how the bikes fit differently. Figure out what you like better. Ask the shops if they have "lifetime fit guarantee." Some shops do actual fittings. Ask if you could get a discount on a fitting if you buy the bike. (I'm not one to haggle on prices at bike shops. If they are nice and have good sales people, they've earned my money.)

TAKE YOUR TIME. Don't rush into a sale because the sales person says "Well they're selling so quickly right now we may not have it tomorrow." Bullcrap, they'll gladly order you one and you'll get it in a week. Big deal. If you absolutely need to ride before then, rent a bike. Speaking of renting, ask the shops which bikes they rent out. If it happens to be the bike you're interested in, then you can have a guilt free long test ride simply by renting the bike.

Last edited by corrado33; 05-15-15 at 10:23 PM.