View Single Post
Old 05-22-15, 03:35 AM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Pretty hot! Surprised the silver tape looks so good.

Okay folks, you might wanna go easy since I'm a bike mechanic and thus a pauper, and this is the best I was able to cobble together from hand-me-downs, second-hand parts and a tax return.

But have a go at me if you must about the chain-ring situation; I just couldn't do it since a stationary bike in the big ring has always looked silly to me.

Already had the wheels, crankset and pedals (I ride in street clothes), bar and stem, so when I scored this slightly damaged frameset for $0, I kinda noticed the confluence of red bits between it and my stem and nipples... so red bits it was. The Red stuff is s/h, but all the red stuff is new.

The RD's original RED, the FD's a Yaw jobbie, and the brifters are 'Black' RED. The stuff feels cheap through the lever, but it's light as hell and works the bomb. Brakes are DA, 7700 on the front and 7400 on the rear (with a 7700 QR). Chain and cassette are DA.

No bottle cages cause they interfere with portaging the bike up and down stairs, and I'm not usually on the bike more than 20 minutes. The seat makes sure I look after the DA drivetrain and ride the pub bike instead in the wet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SRAMano Tarmac.jpg (98.8 KB, 399 views)