View Single Post
Old 06-09-15, 07:05 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokehouse
Here in the Ill-inois...our roads mostly run N-S or E-W...and while we're not insanely windy like some places...we get out share (25mph is pretty common at times, especially out in the open.

if I can get my way, I'll ride dead on into it, the come back with it. Better to get the help on the return. Not too many things are worse then blasting out 30+ miles only to turn around have have to grind the second half back home. With that said, I often ride in a large circle so I'll only spend 25% of the ride with the wind and 50% getting smacked around by it.

Lately, we've had the crappy chop winds, often from the SW heading NE...so with stick straight roads, you're never really "with" or "against" the wind...you're kind of half-ass getting smacked around by it in some way or another the entire time, it kind of sucks.

I have to say though...a strong back wind will really make you feel like a superstar. I love that speed and dead silence that happens. I'm not sure if it's just my frame, but that carbon has a constant hiss to it at speed that you can only hear with a backwind...
That is the sound it makes just before it asplodes. #jussayin

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...