Thread: bike prices
View Single Post
Old 06-18-15, 08:52 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Yup, I actually saw that. I hadn’t been on ebay for a few months to look at/for bikes and frames, but happened to look a few days ago and saw that frame.
Its an auction, not a buy it now- so just because the price is $150 now(its slightly more), doesn’t mean that’s what itll be tomorrow afternoon when the auction ends. Also, that frame and fork is actually $210 right now since you have to add in shipping.

I could list dozens of examples where large bikes arent any cheaper than their mid-sized counterparts in both my area and greater region.

But keeping with ebay and LHTs…
58 cm Surly Long Haul Trucker Frameset with Andel Crank and Other Original Parts | eBay
Here is a 58cm LHT frame, fork, headset, crankset, stem, and seatpost currently at $300 with free shipping. So for what is currently $90 more, you get all those components.
Is the 64cm frame really that cheap right now?
Obviously, the 58cm could shoot up in price thru bids, but since a current auction was used to prove your point, I figured that works the other way too.