View Single Post
Old 07-02-15, 07:44 AM
D1andonlyDman

Bikes: mid 1980s De Rosa SL, 1985 Tommasini Super Prestige all Campy SR, 1992 Paramount PDG Series 7, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1998 Trek Y-foil, 2006 Schwinn Super Sport GS, 2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nick779
I currently have a '15 Specialized Allez Sport and will be purchasing a lighter wheelset shortly, I figured that im doing that I should look for some nice lighter training tires as well.

I ride on mainly paved roads, most are well kept, but some are kinda beat up. Im looking for something light, Flat resistant (obviously), 25c and relatively inexpensive <$40. Currently Im still using the Espoir Sports that came with my bike, theyre 25c, and 370g each.

I know we have alot of Gatorskin fans but ive heard that theyve had some sidewall issues and Id like to steer clear of them.

Im currently pretty set on Vittoria Rubino Pro Techs $24/260g or regular Pros for $20/235g from Ribble, but im open to other opinions.
I really like the Vittoria Rubino Pros - and find them to be excellent values. I'm not sure how the Techs differ from them (Ed: From Vittoria's website, these are more rugged tires than the Pros, but somewhat heavier as a result)

I should add that I find the Conti Gatorskins to be a stiff, not supple tire - but they don't flat. And I surely would not pay nearly double for them compared to the Rubino Pros.

Last edited by D1andonlyDman; 07-02-15 at 08:28 AM.