View Single Post
Old 07-31-15, 11:02 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 744 Posts
Originally Posted by cat
Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Anyhow, I picked up some new 700x32 Gatorskins a couple of weeks ago and I must say, I can't stand them...Previously, I was running 700x28 Forte Strada K from Performance. I'd been running those (and the 700x25 version) for several years and have been happy with them, but wanted to go a little wider, so I picked up the Gatorskins.

Here's the issue - There are some pretty decent hills on my way to work and the Gatorskins feel like they wander when at speed (25-30+ mph...downhill). It feels like I'm in a nasty crosswind and being blown around. Other than that, I really don't know how else to describe it, but it's not a comfortable feeling. I've never had this issue previously and was wondering what everyone thought it might be. Is it from going up in width (28 to 32)? Maybe going with a lower tire pressure (I've messed with the pressure up and down and it doesn't seem to make much difference)? Is it the tires (Gatorskins)? Anyhow, I'm ready to give up on the "expensive" tires and go back to my "cheap" ones...
Are the beads seated properly? Tire pressure too low, too high?