Old 08-03-15, 02:26 PM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingBlubber
Yep, I have a Surly Cross Check that I ride during pavement season that I'm running Continental Contact II 32s on that are probably ready to be replaced. This week the shifters should be in for my new Ultegra groupset install so I might just go ahead and replace those while I'm having it overhauled. Any recommendations on tires in the 28-32 range? I like to run the tire pressure pretty high (usually the max) for a faster ride but I'm open to any suggestions.
You need to run the right pressure in your tires for a faster ride, not the max pressure.

This article on tire pressure talks about that. And it has links to tire pressure calculators for your size and tire size.

You'll probably want 32s, so that you can lower the pressure a little. And if the tire has too much pressure in it, that will make the ride rougher, which will exacerbate the problems that you've been having.

This may not be a magic bullet, but if you do several things that help, then all of them together may give you a ride that is less troublesome.

GH