Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
It's a big square brick. It looks idiotic on a helmet, and is awkward to mount almost anywhere except the chest mount is pretty good actually.

Any of the cameras that are narrower and longer (versus GoPro's wider than it is long) ratio is much better for mounting.

Honestly I don't know how GoPro is so popular other than marketing. I don't think you could possibly design a less suited shape for an action camera than a brick with buttons.
I can see how it might look like a big square brick. I wanted the Chest Mount Strap all along, and that is what I bought. Because, I still get a good video if I am in the drops.

Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
GoPro users, what setting do you use for riding the roads? I frequently use my GoPro for reporting bad drivers and want to figure out the best settings for capturing licence plate information.

I've had good video and bad video and never paid attention to the resolution and frames per second. I normally go with the high resolution lower frames per second. For my new Hero 4 Sessions the max resolution is 1440 at 30 frames per second.

Here's a good example from the old Hero 2 (but this genius never captured setting info):

However, on this video (also Hero 2), I could get the plate info:

And to all the GoPro haters, please move along.
I am also curious about this. I also agree that GoPro haters should 'take a hike'.