View Single Post
Old 08-28-15, 01:18 PM
Tim_Iowa

Bikes: 1997 Rivendell Road Standard 650b conversion (tourer), 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10 (gravel/tour), 2013 Foundry Auger disc (CX/gravel), 2016 Cannondale Fat CAAD 2 (MTB/winter), 2011 Cannondale Flash 29er Lefty (trail MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MulliganAl View Post
Thanks for the help Tim, I got the blue Sam Hillborne, beautiful bike. Can't wait to try my first commute on it and I'm sure it will be far more comfortable than the Specialized Tarmac I've been commuting on. I also have a Nitto front rack (and some fenders) coming so I can stop commuting with that dang backpack on my back.
That's a lovely bike. Yes, the cables look a little tight. Perhaps they were installed when the stem was slammed?

I ran moustache bars for a while on my Riv with those same Cane Creek brake levers. I changed them to non-aero Dia-Compes, and preferred the cable routing.
Then, I changed the bars to Nitto B135 Randonneurs, and liked them even more. The moustache bars were a little to upright for me.

Here's how mine is set up currently:

and more photos

Regarding the different color brake pads on your Paul Racers: Mine came the same way, with red pads in front and black in the rear. I don't know why. It doesn't seem to matter.

If you don't know already, there's a Google Group called "RBW Owners Bunch" that's a great resource for all things Rivendell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0042[1].jpg (97.8 KB, 42 views)