View Single Post
Old 09-11-15, 07:13 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Vicegrip
I have said device on my primary road bike and found it drains the Di2 battery at a notable rate. Not so much as to be an issue for a long weekend or the like but the battery life is measurably less when running the Di2 sender. I also have a tandem and can see where the ability to see the gear I am in to be a very good thing when the front derailleur and rear wheel cogset is not an easy peek.

D00d... Is there a non self gratifying reason to your post? This thread started with a valid question of interest to those that run Di2 and the subsequent posts were informative and on point. You seem to feel the need to blurt. Do you even have a Di2 system? If not please stand aside and let those that do have a conversation.
Yes there is a non self-gratifying reason for my post. I am crusading for common sense, and I have a valid point. If you plug the battery in every now and then (what, once a week for a few hours), you won't have to worry about the mileage between charges. What possible reason could there be for trying to squeeze mileage out of the battery besides vanity. "My battery lasts longer than your battery". Total BS. Just keep it charged and cease thinking about it. Just set up an extension cord to reach up to your bike wherever you having it hanging and plug it in from time to time. Done and done. This is not rocket surgery.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...