Thread: Winter eyewear
View Single Post
Old 10-02-15, 01:12 PM
InTheRain

Bikes: 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30 (bionx), 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
I guess I should have asked my fellow commuters before going ahead and ordering a pair of snowboarding/ski goggles for commuting in really, really cold and windy days. I found last year when I just wore clear glasses it was not sufficient protection for my eyes against the blowing cold. My concern with the goggles is that they may fog up easily and that my peripheral vision might be limited.

Has anyone tried using goggles for winter commutes? What's been your experience with them? Are some types better than others?

Or have I just wasted my money?
I recently started wearing goggles. They don't fog up unless I'm stopped at a traffic signal. However, I have not used them in anything under 38 degrees yet. My issue with the goggles is that my helmet comes down low enough on my forehead that it makes me wear the goggles lower than I would like. In fact, the nose bridge on the goggles ends up nearly at the tip of my nose. It seems like I may have to try shaving off 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the lower edge on the front of my helmet. I'm not entirely sure how that's going to work out.