View Single Post
Old 10-05-15, 12:47 PM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by justin10054
To be fair, BQ did have an article (well, more of a blurb, really) in the Spring 2008 issue regarding just that.

As for the sizing issue, I don't think there's any great conspiracy against fat people. It's just that cyclists as a whole tend to be thinner than the average american. In fact, if you read down in the comment section, they mention that they plan on offering larger sizes. Of course, you could always ride more...
Justin, could you elaborate more on this last statement, about "riding more..."?

Is your presumption that riding more causes a person to lose weight (and would thus be able to fit into Jan's undersized knickers)? If this is the case, you probably have never had to lose any serious amount of weight. Exercising does not really cause you to lose weight. Certainly it can improve your cardio vascular efficiency, but it will not make you drop pounds.

The only way to do so is to drastically curb caloric intake, which takes great commitment and some serious mental work. In my experience, exercising can assist in the mental game of weight loss, but I can categorically state, riding more will never cause me to be able to fit into size 34" knickers (marked as 36").

Racing cyclists are probably thinner than non racing cyclists. The same could be said about runners who race when compared to runners who simply run.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com