bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redfooj
Just where is my mind set? I spoke nothing of its comparative price, value, or judged its buy-worthiness. Merely answering a question you seemed to pose with your statements.
No you didn't say anything about price, but I did. My original post you replied to spoke only about cost. YOU made it about image and what you feel the brand represents. I say "people such as your mind set" because just like every other thread that has a question about Rapha's performance, fit or quality, someone such as yourself comes in and changes the discussion to image, posing or cult-like antics.

"Rapha has been lifted into something beyond functional, athletic wear. It might say that someone is more into cycling more as a lifestyle than an activity. It's become a cultural signifier. Much like the North Face fleece on college campuses - more often its worn as a statement of "i belong in a frat/sorority" than "i like the outdoors".

Ive seen (general, non-brand specific) cycling social media groups of people (literally) posing with their Rapha gear. They swap almost exclusively Rapha gear. That's a bit cultish - not something you see with Assos, Castelli, Sugoi, or the others you mentioned."

Your reply had nothing to do with my post. I was not looking for someone to "bite", I was simply making a comment. There are specific members of this forum that cant accept the thought of someone simply making a comment. Not everyone is up for a debate.