View Single Post
Old 10-15-15, 05:48 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Why all the internal cable routing hate?

For electronic it makes sense for the wires to not be exposed...at least to me. For mechanical shifting I certainly don't see it as an improvement, but what's so wrong about it? So many folks are bashing it, I just thought I would ask.

I was dreading running the cables on my new Chinese carbon frame (Cervelo design through and through), but it was stupid easy. The Cervelo-style cable management system is so damn good, it makes running the cables a total non-issue. And the cables are routed so they don't touch the inside walls of the tubes. No internal cable slap noise so far, so I am a happy camper. I did the routing before pressing in the bottom bracket along with its sleeve so I had the whole open BB shell to work in. That was pretty easy. It will be interesting to see how it goes to change out cables if I choose to leave the BB installed when I do that. But RMS13 reports that he ran the cables with the BB in place, so it can't be that big of a deal.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...
Likes For rpenmanparker: