View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 05:02 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by figc
So I guess since its not a problem using loose bearing in the BB I'll have to recheck the races and size/number of bearings....I think there were 11 when I counted last and the spindle and cups didn't look worn...time to open her up again....

Very much appreciate the opinion on the brakes and I agree, N.Record doesn't look right with the other components. I just don't like the fact that the brakes don't have a quick release and the Campy Aero levers I have are missing the handle bar mounting brackets. I suppose I could try to find those....but I was planning on using NOS Shimano 600 Ultegra levers with the calipers...you've given me something to think about though...thanks,
Ah, yes I can understand wanting the quick release. I actually quite like having it on the lever, it's a nice clean look. You can probably use handlebar clamps from various other levers. You may have to modify the post by shortening it and use a different nut but they should all be M6.