Old 11-23-15, 09:26 AM
dr_lha

Bikes: 2016 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross v5, 2015 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Specialized Rockhopper, 2017 Raleigh Grand Prix

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
I ride 35-50 miles a day. The average overall time of my rides are from 3 to 4.5 hours, depending on how long I take for breaks. I have my phone optimized for battery life and I don't have any apps running in the background. I use an RFLKT to display my ride data so the screen is never on while I ride. My battery consumption is right at 10% loss per hour. I recently completed a ride across Florida with the longest ride being 85 miles and did not recharge the phone until I got to my hotel room. If you're only getting an hour out of your phone, you're doing something very wrong.
I have this setup too. iPhone 6 + RFLKT and Bluetooth speed/cadence and HR strap. The longest ride I've done this year was 113 miles, and I had 40% charge on my phone at the end of it. This was before the release of iOS 9, where the battery life seems to have got even better. The only thing I do when going on long rides is to turn off mobile data. I don't handlebar mount my iPhone, it just goes in my jersey pocket, in a ziploc bag to protect against sweat/rain.