Old 11-27-15, 10:44 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1609 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I would like to be empathetic of your view but it doesn't work for me. Grumpy is not the term I would use. You do your thing and let them do theirs. This is not an age related view point. None of us have a clue as to why others do what they do. I am my own competitor and am happy with that. I push myself most of the time but there are times when I don't' want to ride but do anyway and just take it easy.

Do I ever walk a bike up a hill? I have, but it was when I was still in poor condition. I got over it by riding more. Did it bother me that I had to walk it? Yes because walking in road shoes with cleats is really tough. I started using a MTB to get into shape so I wouldn't have to walk it. But that was a personal decision. I didn't do it because someone on a SS passed me going up a hill.

A lot of 20 40 year olds hardly ever ride a bike. Nice weekend rides are not the same when you do them every couple of months or even weeks. If you commute and then have a weekend ride, your in much better shape.

This is me being grumpy!