Old 11-27-15, 11:02 AM
Kindaslow

Bikes: SWorks Stumpy, Haibike Xduro RX, Crave SS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SJX426
I would like to be empathetic of your view but it doesn't work for me. Grumpy is not the term I would use. You do your thing and let them do theirs. This is not an age related view point. None of us have a clue as to why others do what they do. I am my own competitor and am happy with that. I push myself most of the time but there are times when I don't' want to ride but do anyway and just take it easy.

Do I ever walk a bike up a hill? I have, but it was when I was still in poor condition. I got over it by riding more. Did it bother me that I had to walk it? Yes because walking in road shoes with cleats is really tough. I started using a MTB to get into shape so I wouldn't have to walk it. But that was a personal decision. I didn't do it because someone on a SS passed me going up a hill.

A lot of 20 40 year olds hardly ever ride a bike. Nice weekend rides are not the same when you do them every couple of months or even weeks. If you commute and then have a weekend ride, your in much better shape.

This is me being grumpy!
Yes, when I have to push, it bugs me. But, we all find it happens at times. I think, after hearing some more opinions, that what bugs me is the folks who are trying to avoid exercise. I totally respect someone up there who is overweight, sweating, dying, and overall giving it their personal best (even if they are pushing their bike). I guess what bugs me are young people who push when it is to avoid some exercise. But, it does not ruin my ride, I never say anything to them, it is their choice. Just like it is my choice to share here and compare thoughts. Now, time to go ride a new place with my SS and see if I need to push it at times.