Old 12-09-15, 08:54 PM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
A RFLKT (pronounced Reflect) is a device that is made by Wahoo Fitness. It isn't really a bike computer, per say, but a reflection of the data collected by a compatible cycling app on your smartphone and displayed on the RFLKT. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth 4.0 LTE and displays ride metrics such as speed, distance, cadence, ride time and whatever else you want to display, providing the cycling app can send it, thus allowing you to keep your phone in standby mode. There are several cycling apps that you can use but in order to use the RFLKT with them, you will need the paid/subscription version. Wahoo does provide a free app to use with the RFLKT but it leaves a lot to be desired. It does allow you to customize the screens and screen layouts that will display on the RFLKT, but it is limited in comparison to apps like Cyclemeter. The cycling apps use GPS from the phone, so all of them have a map view that you can reference if you need to see where you are at or how to get back home.

There is also a RFLKT+ model that has a built in altimeter and thermometer. It also has an Ant+ bridge (iPhone Only) that allows you to use any existing Ant+ sensors (heart rate or speed/cadence) and connect them to your phone without a special adapter on your phone. The screens on the RFLKT and RFLKT+ are very sharp and crisp. You can select a standard or bold font for each piece of data you are displaying. I need bifocals for reading but I ride with regular riding sunglasses and still see everything on the RFLKT's screen sharp and crisp.

I've linked the page to the RFLKT at the beginning of my post so you can check it out. Now would be a good time to buy since they have dropped the price on the RFLKT to $79.00 (was $99.00) and the RFLKT+ to $99.00 (was $129.00). While I really prefer Cyclemeter over all the other compatible apps, I would check out all the cycling apps that are recommended by Wahoo to see which one will fit your needs better. I hope this helped.
Thanks heaps for the detailed explanation and link.
Much appreciated.