Old 12-10-15, 12:02 PM
dr_lha

Bikes: 2016 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross v5, 2015 Ritchey Road Logic, 1998 Specialized Rockhopper, 2017 Raleigh Grand Prix

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes1
I do not disagree with you and in fact have the same concerns you mentioned. As it turns out it will not work for the larger phones such as the IPhone 5 or 6 Plus. One of the reviews indicated it works well for commuters. I thought I would throw it out as an option and really to hear what others think, particularly those who may have used one.
When I mounted my phone to my handlebars I used a solution like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tigra®-BikeCon...ds=ibike+mount

So in this case, the phone is mounted inside a waterproof case that closes not only with a clip, but two clamps that fasten it down tight. The case itself attaches to a mount on the handlebars with a click-in mount, backed up with a thumb screw that locks it in. I'm pretty convinced that my phone in this case would not a) fall off the handlebars and b) get damaged if it did.

However, the biggest issues with these cases, and one that lead me to a RFLK solution, is that a) you can't have your phone screen always on as it kills the battery, and b) if it rains, the touch screen won't work. I learnt this the hard way when I got lost in West Virginia (not my usual stomping ground) and couldn't even unlock my phone to look at a map due to the screen being wet!