Old 01-26-16, 02:24 PM
vinnyvincent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leebo
Fix your medical problems first? 1 month? Come back here after a year. Are you racing? Need for speed? I do more mt biking and commuting, group/road rides, not so much. Try to do some 4 hr rides, or 6 hr ones. At 3/4 effort. Then do some hill repeats and sprints. Do any cross training/ general exercise? Yoga, swimming, walking, trail work all count in my book.
I guess you could say it's more of a "need for speed" thing. I have no intention to race. Just to challenge myself and I think it's cool to ride around the neighborhood at close to the same speed as cars.

Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt
30 second intervals don't work well except for making you faster 15-30 seconds at a time because they're powered mostly by your phosphocreatine energy system and type iix fast-twitch muscle fibers with relevant to speed after a minute.

7-10 minute intervals as hard as possible will do the most for VO2max (a few minutes) and lactate threshold (past an hour).
I might try that as well as the 30 second high intensity intervals. From what I'm reading, it seems like I need to work on all around performance.