f4rrest
Farmer tan

Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2870 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
So in cycling related news. I mentioned I went to the gym and did maybe 4 exercises, 3 sets of 10 each. I woke up this morning and my legs were in deep pain. I had taken the day off to do some more house prep for the baby, but got a quick 25 mile ride in. I thought I could just take it easy, get some good spinning in, don't push the hills and the ride will help get the muscles working, get them relaxed, etc. Yeah, NO. These things hurt. Getting up is a chore.

So in short, this is awesome. I haven't had pain in my quads like this since I first started riding over ten years ago. No matter what length of a ride or intensity of a ride, my legs never hurt the next day. This pain is telling me that the weight lifting component could be extremely useful on my road back to fitness. I think I'll go back next week, once my legs recover a little more. I have a month free pas from my friend, so I'll try to make it a 2-3 times a week thing while I can for free and see how it helps.
Definitely do some Bulgarian split squats as well as weighted hip thrusts if you'd like to work on the track thighs and glutes.