Old 03-13-16, 03:45 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 727 Times in 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
My friend Jason texted me during my ride this morning, and says he has a bike for me. Almost everything original is missing, but hey for the price?? I got two large plastic tubs full of parts, most decent or better. Countless brake levers, derailleurs,, bar end shifters, bottom brackets, pedals, NOS early mtb brake cables(Yep the ones that look like rope) Three pairs of modern handlebars, 3-4 decent floor pumps. I just fixed one with a fingertip full of grease, hehe. But best of all this Austro Daimler Olympian. I think the only things original to the bike is the frame, the RD housing cable stop, and maybe the Mafac Racer on the front. Year I have no idea yet, as I just got home and unloaded everything. Even with all of the low end junker parts tacked on, it's pretty stinking light. I am thinking 23-24 pounds? Not feather light, but lighter than expected for the parts on it. 27.2 seat post.,,,,BD

My kingdom for a correct fork!!
Nice score. 27.2 post and what looks like some box lining on the seat tube would have me thinking higher end for sure.